At Seri Manop & Doyle our lawyers practice in all aspects of corporate governance, including providing advice concerning company structure, establishment of the enterprise, shareholders rights and director and officer duties and liability, corporate transactions related to changing of equity control transactions as well as mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, foreign investments, private investments in state undertakings and corporate legal secretarial services.
Our lawyers are at home in the board room, and regularly counsel directors and senior management on legal strategies, regulatory requirements, shareholder communication, evolving trends and best practices in corporate governance.
We have extensive experience working with the rules and regulations of the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SEC) and the Public Company Limited.
Our corporate services include but are not limited to applying for
- Company establishment;
- Reduction of registered capital of a company;
- Increase of registered capital of a company;
- Change of director;
- Change of shareholder(s);
- Relocation of office or adding a branch office of a company;
- Conversion of a private company into a public;
- Amalgamation of limited companies;
- Dissolution and liquidation of a company;
- Filing for a Tax I.D. card, VAT registration, Specific Business Tax registration or other tax document;
- Board of Investment promotion applications;
- Work permit and visa applications
Company Secretary Service
We also provide company secretary services such as:
- Maintaining statutory records;
- Assisting in the preparation of documentation relating to board of directors' meetings and shareholders' meeting;
- Providing assistance in filing the company balance sheet and annual returns with relevant authorities;
- Assisting in the preparation of share transfer documents and forwarding / registering new shareholder information to the Department of Business Development;
- Assisting in the preparation of shareholders register book and assisting in the preparation of share certificates.
Notarization is the "act of witnessing" by the notary public in accordance with the specifications of the state law.
The seal of a notary help to give credit and authenticity to a document in a foreign jurisdiction.
In Thailand, notaries are Thai lawyers whom have followed a special legal training course and obtained their notary's license or attestation from the Lawyers Council of Thailand.
Our public notaries normally perform the following acts:
- Attestation of authenticity of signature done Before Me;
- Certifying True Copy;
- Certified Correct Translation;
- Attestation of photos of a person;
- Administrating an Oath and affirmation;
- Testimony and Oath and affirmation (Affidavit);
- Attestation of address;
- Attestation of fact.
We can also assist clients with the legalization of their documents at the Ministry of Foreign affairs.
Merger and Acquisition
At Seri Manop & Doyle we understand that achieving a successful transaction is a team effort. In structuring and negotiating the purchase and sale, licensing and the agreement related to M&A, our lawyers focus on helping clients achieve their objectives.
We understand business in Thailand and assist with all aspects of buy side and sell side deals; from due diligence to disclosure, regulatory planning and analysis, financing, tax structuring and closing.